Delivery Policy (Within 5 Days of Delivery)
Please report damaged, missing, defective or malfunctioning merchandise immediately and no later than 5 business days after delivery.
Items are carefully packaged to protect against damage during shipping. Please thoroughly inspect your package when it arrives for any shipping damage. If an item appears to be damaged, do not attempt to use it and notify us immediately so that we can begin the claims process with the shipping vendor.
Please note that we often ship orders in multiple packages. However, if items are apparently missing from your order, please report it to us immediately so we can track packages and replace the shipment if necessary.
Defective or Malfunctioning New Merchandise
If any item is not working properly, please contact us immediately so that we can send a replacement. All replaced items will have a new 5 day return window extended to it, or the remainder of the return window from the original purchase, whichever is longer.
Exchange and Return Policy: Purchases via the Phone or Website
Phone or website purchases are eligible for return within 10 days of the ship date and a 20% restocking fee will be applied
How to Request an Exchange or Return
You must first obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number from us for your exchange or return to be accepted.
- Contact us via email (Sales@thebeandoctor.com)
- Let us know why you’d like to return the machine—we’ll help you determine if there is an exchange that will better suit your needs
- We will send an RMA email to you with detailed instructions on exchanging or returning your merchandise
- Please review the merchandise-specific policies below to learn about what we can and cannot take back.
Espresso Machine, Coffee Maker, Grinder, Roaster or Blender (all electric appliances)
Machines must be received in ‘Like New’ condition. If your equipment arrives in this condition, we will refund your original payment method the full purchase amount less a 20% restocking fee. Equipment that is not received in this condition will be assessed for damage and may be subject to refurbishment fees.
Note: Espresso machines that have been modified or customized (such as a self-installed PID or plumbing adaptation) are not eligible for return. However, PIDs installed at the time of purchase by The Bean Doctot, or those that have been factory installed by the manufacturer, are still eligible for return.
What is ‘Like New’ Condition?
We understand that a machine used a few times isn’t going to be absolutely perfect; however, it does need to be pretty close for us to sell it as a certified used machine to another customer. When returning a machine to us, please make sure that it will arrive to us in ‘Like New’ condition, which we define as the following:
- All Original Components Intact: You must return every original component of the machine, such as the original packaging, drip tray, portafilter, brew head (if removable), filter screens, filter baskets, user manuals, tampers, CDs, scoops, etc. Basically, if it came in the box, send it back.
- No Scratches, Dents or Stains: The machine and all components must be free of any surface marring.
- Thoroughly Cleaned: The machine, all parts and components must be absolutely clean and free of any coffee grounds, water and/or milk residues.
If you have any questions regarding how our returns work, please do not hesitate to contact us — we are always happy to discuss this with you!